I would like to introduce you to my special doll. Her name is Hilda--or at least that is her new adoptive name. I found her at a garage sale, laying in an antique bread bowl. I thought she was lovely, but passed her by, as I say I'm trying not to find more treasures. But she called to me. I kept going back and looking at her, and so afraid someone else would pick her up. Yet no one paid any attention to her at all. She was so unusual and beautiful. I picked her up & knew I had to have her. Hilda has a cloth body, porcelain head, arms & feet. I asked the lady who was having the sale what she could tell me about her. She said that her great Aunt Hilda made this doll in the 1930s. She always made lots of dolls. This doll has been in her family all this time. Hilda is wearing her original dress & apron, which look very much like Dorothy's outfit from Wizard of Oz. I asked the doll's name--she didn't know. So, I negotiated a price--too low to even tell you about--and took home my beautful Hilda--named after her maker. Isn't she fabulous!!


No comments:
Post a Comment