I took lots of mixed media classes at the Houston Quilt Show this year. This is totally new for me, as I have never really taken any art classes. I am married to an artist. I have an artist daughter. But I've never taken classes in painting, drawing ,etc. So, I'm taking some now. It's funny, because my daughter Amy who is an artist, is now learning about fabric, sewing & quilting.
Anway, I took a class from
Judy Coates Perez Judy has been on Quilting Arts several times. I met her several years ago when she was in our
guild. Anway, we played with teabags, inks, gesso, various techniques. It was lots of fun. We all worked on collage. I also had a fabric covered journal with me that I also added to.
I like my collage. It represents my family. Now I need to quilt it.
 |
| my teabag collage |
 |
| my fancied up journal front |
 |
| journal back |
No comments:
Post a Comment