Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jeff's grave clean up today

Tomorrow is Jeff's birthday. He would have been 28.  We miss him so much.  Colleen went with me to the cemetery to clean up  & plant a few fall flowers. After this summer, it looked pretty bad.  We dug up the dead plants, and put in some white Cyclamen, which should last through the winter. We put in some end of season moss rose, which may live or not.  If not, we'll add some pansies.  I like to keep Jeff's grave looking good. It makes me feel better. I know he's not here, but his body is here. And I loved his body, his soul, his everything.
  I am glad Colleen came with me. It was very good for me and I think it was good for her. The weather was beautiful, although very windy.   Somewhat being there, outside, is renewing and spiritual. Also,Colleen has such great natural design capabilities. She laid it out beautifully and it was so nice to be there with her. I love my children very much.
Before--with crosses I used to fill in empty spaces.


Colleen arranging



Still no "real" headstone.  This little one will have to do for now.


After--now if the plants will grow.  God bless & keep my sweet young man.  Pray for us Jeffrey. We love you.


Vintage cross I found at garage sale. The woman bought it when an exchange student in Germany.  It says I am the vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment