Monday, April 18, 2011

Jonathan's baptism

Robert & Jennifer asked  us to be Godparents to their son Jonathan. We were honored. It was very special because Robert & Brian are very close, and Robert & Jeffrey were so very close. Robert was like an older brother to Jeffrey.   The baptism was Saturday, April 16, 2011--Jonathan's spiritual birth into life in God on earth.

It was also the two year anniversary of our sweet Jeffrey's death and rebirth into his true life with God.  A beautiful, & emotional day. I focused on the beautiful new life and enjoyed being with our family.  I could not ask for a more meaningful way to celebrate my son's life, and his true life in God.  It was not difficult.  It was a truly happy day.  Michelle and Brad had a reception afterwards and it was over the top.  Like mother, like daughter. 
Brian & I with baby JonJon--he is wearing Jeffrey's antique baptismal gown that was a gift from my mother.

Can you see the tiny diamond rings?  Brian made one for Jonathan, but Jennifer forgot to put it on in her haste. I was wearing the necklace with Colleen's & Amy's. So I put one on each hand.  And watched like crazy. I didn't want any ring swallowing that day.  I always tied the ring on with ribbon, but we didn't have any.




Brian is a natural.  Babies love him.

Josie, Robert, me, Jennifer, Brian, Jonathan

Jennifer's family







Chris

Brad & Michelle


Cupcake tree







Jeanie & Emma

Emma's baptism gown

Elaine & Brian

Robert, Elaine, Brian




Brian & Jeanie--two peas in a pod!


No comments:

Post a Comment